During my “Me Time” I really do enjoy just being alone. Here are some of the things I do:
- Listen to music a little bit louder than normal because I don’t need to worry about waking anybody up. Sometimes it is nice to just rock out.
- Sit in a perfectly quiet house and read a book for pleasure. Maybe I get lost in the story and read for hours. Sometimes I might even doze off to sleep, wake up, reread the last bit because I must have drifted off somewhere around there.
- Shave my legs. Both of them. All the way.
- Take extra time on my makeup so it looks just perfect. If it isn’t exactly right I can wipe it off and do it over.
- Make a pretty meal. It’s colorful, inviting and healthy. Presented so nicely on special dishes.
- Take some time to do my hair. Brush it until all the tangles are out. Blow-dry and straighten it. Make it really pretty. Just for me.
- Do some artwork. I do love drawing and painting. Something about getting paint all over and not having to worry about the mess “because I’m expressing myself” is really satisfying.
- Spend hours shopping alone. I can take my time to try out a million different items and outfits. Spoiling myself.
- Plant something in the garden. Decide what I want to grow, research and put a plan into action. Take extra time to make sure the soil is right, the spot is perfect for the amount of sunlight I need and water appropriately.
Just kidding!!! I never do any of these things! Ever. What in the flying fart is “Me Time?”
If I’m not directly working to feed/entertain/placate my child I am:
- Shoving food in my mouth over the trash can.
- Taking a 3 minute shower to hopefully wash up the main offenders.
- Cleaning some of the dishes so the next time we use them we might not become sick.
- Laundry. So much laundry. Does she have to poop every day?
- Where did all these spiders come from?
- Trying to see the future and prevent the next choking/near death episode.
- It’s fine. I’m fine.