I’ve recently acquired two cats. I’m not upset about this at all, but I’m taking a minute to adjust to what it means to have a baby and cats. I can’t help but see some similarities. Let me list a few for discussion.
- Cats and babies prefer trash to toys. Old lids, toilet paper rolls and empty water bottles do NOT go in the trash can.
- Both are afraid of the vacuum. Darn.
- I have more pictures of them my phone than anything else. Also, people don’t really want to see them as much as I want to show them.
- They like to pull cords and dangling things knocking everything down in a huge crash making me think everybody is dead.
- I’m constantly dealing with their bodily functions. At any given moment I am very likely to have at least somebody’s vomit, urine or feces on me. Probably a nice cocktail of it all.
- Neither is really picky of whether they are eating cat food or baby’s food.
- If I can’t find them, they’re probably in the toilet.
I can’t be the only one noticing these things! Reader! Please let me know the similarities of your [insert pet type] and child in the comments.
Just for fun, something I’ve pondered recently is this, “If I call my cats my ‘fur babies’ is it weird to call my human my ‘skin baby’?”